2021 started well in terms of making, building on the momentum I built in 2020. Then the home projects started. It was a year full of very large projects, which transformed a lot of the house.
- IKEA BILLY / OXBERG with Custom LED Lighting
- Learning From a Retractable Extension Cord Reel Restoration
- A New Hobby Desk and Organization
- Unclog a Bissell Carpet Cleaner
- Portable Soldering Station
- Dog’s Toy Box
- Shop Blow Dryer
- Mini Decorative Crate
- Bathroom Shelves with Towel Hooks
- Easter Basket Crates
- Pallet Wood Bedroom Art: It Was All a Dream
- Pallet Wood Art/Shelf With a Hidden Dimmable LED Light
- DIY Wall Sconce/Light
- DIY Square Ceiling Medallion
- Simple Kitchen Storage Improvements
- Kitchen Appliance Upgrades
- Cabinet and Counter Changes
- Homemade Christmas Ornament – 2021
For the last three months of 2021 I’ve been on a three month sabbatical from Automattic and I go back to work on the 4th. I’ve joked that I need a vacation now because I’ve been putting a lot of hours in to the kitchen. The last few weeks have been very busy and I’ve accomplished a lot, but the remodel will not be finished. I do have a post coming soon with some major updates.
Once the kitchen is finished I’m looking forward to tinkering with some electronics again and having time to work on much smaller projects.
One thought on “Making Things in 2021”
[…] was a continuation of 2021 in terms of making, with a lot of home projects. After the kitchen I was pretty burnt out and took […]