- Michigan is better than Ohio, according to yet another study
- Kevin Spacey Says New ‘House of Cards’ Is Among ‘Best’ Done
…just you wait. Just you wait…
No! I can’t wait!
- Christopher ‘Big Black’ Boykin Dead: ‘Rob & Big’ Star Dies
He was hilarious on the show. It’s been years since I’ve watched anything on MTV, but “Rob & Big” was my favorite.
- How to shoot on iPhone 7
Apple created a whole bunch of short videos with quick tips on getting the most out of the iPhone 7 camera. Something for everyone here.
- YouTube Audio Library
Need some music for your video?
- COBOL Tutorial
I took 2 or 3 COBOL classes in college as part of my Computer Information Systems minor. It seemed like such an old way of doing things even then, 15+ years ago. I can’t believe this is still a thing.
- COBOL Is Everywhere. Who Will Maintain It?
Speaking of which.
About 95 percent of ATM swipes use COBOL code… and the 58-year-old language even powers 80 percent of in-person transactions.
- Moom removed from sale—hopefully temporarily
Damn, this sucks. I’ve been using Moom for years to restore/reset application positions. Wishing them luck!
- Trump thinks that exercising too much uses up the body’s ‘finite’ energy
Doesn’t surprise me at this point. It’s pretty clear he lives in a world that exists only in his mind. Is there anyone alive who disregards facts and science more than this fucking bozo? Yet, somehow he convinced enough people to elect him our President.
- AliExpress.com – Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.
I’d heard of Alibaba, but just have come across AliExpress recently. All of the searches I’ve done on the site have come up with options much cheaper than I’ve seen anywhere else. Since items ship from China, shipping will be slow though. If you’re worried about safety, apparently protecting the consumer is really important to AliExpress, so it is safe to use.
I’m going to try something different with these link dumps. I’ll write a little about each link. Might be a sentence or it might be a paragraph.
- Dashcam Footage Shows Tesla Autopilot Predicting Surprise Crash
This is incredible. Can’t wait to get a Model 3 next year.
- 100 Days of WTF Just Happened Today?
I’ve had to stop my daily reading and following of so many things Trump. It was too consuming. “The disbelief is steady.”
- 100 days of Trump claims
The lies continue well into this presidency. His supporters respond, “who cares.” How can you not care? This man is “leading” our country. If you follow him on Twitter, at least once a week it’s like listening to a 5-year-old throw a temper tantrum who didn’t get their way.
- Why Adults Can’t Squat Like Babies and Should Stop Trying To
A lot of good data on the differences between babies and adults that contribute to how we squat.
- Programming as a Way of Thinking
I’ve been tinkering a lot with Python on Raspberry Pis and Arduino (set of C/C++) on microcontrollers. Working with Arduino reminds me of how confusing it was to learn how to handle things like strings in my college C++ classes. Python code is fun to write, easy to understand, and forgiving in it’s structure.
- You’re not going to believe what I’m about to tell you
Really good explanation of how our brains try to protect our beliefs, even when provided evidence against those beliefs. It’s a psychological behavior called the backfire effect.
…remember that your worldview isn’t a perfect house that was built to last forever.
The mind can’t separate the emotional cortex from the logical one.
- Pi-hole™ 3.0 Is Here Featuring Our New FTL Engine
This is a huge improvement to an already great piece of software.
- It looks like Amazon’s Video app is finally coming to Apple TV this summer
I always forget about Prime Video because I have to fire up my Xbox One to access it. If a video service isn’t on Apple TV, it’s pretty much dead to me.
- Agree and Commit, Disagree and Commit
Good life lesson here, not just for business. Share your thoughts and debate, but once a decision has been made it’s time to move on.
- Why Can’t You Use Your Phone on a Plane?
Like we all thought, it’s bogus reasoning. They have never proven electronics cause an issue.
- Instagram and Insecurity
- Netflix will be releasing a true crime series about this young nun’s unsolved murder
- We Need More Repair Cafés
- Tesla driver says Model S ‘saved his life’ after walking away unscathed from a crash ~500-ft down a hill
- Love & breadsticks: There was a knife fight at Olive Garden
- Giving Credit Where Credit’s Due
- Tiger undergoes successful back surgery to alleviate pain
- The Tinker Board takes ASUS into a new world of DIY computing
- Google Chrome: Phishing Scam ‘Practically Impossible to Spot’
- Nearing 100 days, Trump’s approval at record lows but his base is holding
- Here’s Why Juicero’s Press is So Expensive
- Making of the Beast
- You Can Go Home Again
- Nation of Makers
- Model S or Model 3
- Conspiracy Theorist in Chief
- California Fights Back
- Brooke Ence On Failure, Self-Image and Learning to Rise
- Breakdown of The NY Post’s Latest CrossFit Hit Piece
- Why the North Pond Hermit Hid From People for 27 Years
- Strength and Body Image
- Fast Drawing for Everyone
- Welcoming New Colleagues — a Data-Based Story
- Remote work: For programmers, the ultimate office perk is avoiding the office entirely
- IKEA Trådfri: Internet of Things done right
- The 180 Formula: Heart-rate monitoring for real aerobic training
- From Hill to Laettner, 25 years later
- Her House of Cards
- Our Dishonest President
- Why Trump Lies
- Trump’s Authoritarian Vision
- Trump’s War on Journalism
- Hardware Hump Day: The Toi-LIT
- 30 Hours at Augusta
- The Trouble with Triplets
- Big Boys Race Our Young Girls but Violet Generally Wins; Resistors and Color Codes
- Design in Tech Report 2017
- Sorry, Kellyanne Conway. Microwaves Can’t Spy On You
- Michigan’s higher speed limits will kill people
- Donald Trump’s Official 2017 NCAA Tournament Bracket
- Risk Is Not as Simple as It Appears
- Sales soar: Raspberry Pi British board beats Commodore 64, world’s third best-selling computer
- Florida Won’t Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man Darren Rainey to Death
- Why YouTube Switched From 5-Star Ratings to Thumbs Up/Down in 2009
- Why Nothing Works Anymore
- Crunch No More – A Better Approach to Training the Core
- Basic Electronics Tutorials and Revision
- Scraping By On $500,000 A Year
- Adam Savage on his live science show, cosplay, and ‘promoting the joy in making things’
- Why rowing hurts – Facing fatigue and lactic acid
- Raspberry Pi Zero W joins the family
- MTV’s 29th season of “The Challenge” offers athletic feats and full-blown drama
- I Did Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Workout. It Nearly Broke Me.
- Return the Champions of Change section to the Whitehouse.gov website.
- Macchina: The Ultimate Tool for Taking Control of Your Car!
- Snapchat IPO: How to Buy Snap Stock
- European Parliament votes to end visa-free travel for Americans
- Camera shutter speed synced to helicopter`s rotor
- USGA: Major Proposed Changes
- The Brain Can Produce Its Own Sugar: Report
- ESPN Cutting Nearly $100 Million In On-Air Talent
- What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team
- Who Told Flynn to Call Russia?
- WordPress and Update Signing
- Why Trump Can’t Come Clean on Russia
- James Comey Has Some Goddamn Explaining to Do
- Emily Abbot Bests Bumble Bumbler
- Free Web Development & Performance Ebooks
- Reflecting on one very, very strange year at Uber
- How’s Your New Year’s Resolution Going?
- Trump wasn’t a real CEO. No wonder his White House is disorganized.
- Aly Raisman’s New Swimsuit Photos Are Next Level
- How Do You Like Pac-Man?
- Flying Home From Abroad, a Border Agent Stopped and Questioned Me … About My Work for the ACLU
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Get.blog Goes Open Source
- The Constitution in the 100-Mile Border Zone
- System Notifications with Node.js
- Calvin Johnson, former Detroit Lions WR, future motivator, life coach
- Opioids: The Story Behind the Viral Photo of an Overdose
3rd link dump…
- How Donald Trump Could Build an Autocracy in the U.S.
- Fittest On Earth: A Decade of Fitness–Official Trailer
- On Juice
- The Bench Press Is “A Worthless Test of Skill”
- I Work from Home
- The deadly serious accusation of being a “so-called judge”
- Punning with the Stars – Matt Iseman
- 5 Ways Powerful People Trick You Into Hating Protesters
- Super Bowl LI: Why is NFL using roman numerals again for this year’s game?
- Butt Saves Ass