I like it when the new HackerBox shows up on a weekend.
I always see electronics projects for making some kind of digital synthesizer to generate sounds so it seems to be a common project. It’s one I’ve never done, so I’m looking forward to experimenting with this box.
The official content list from the Instructable:
- HackerBoxes #0028 Collectable Reference Card
- Exclusive JamBox Printed Circuit Board
- ESP32 DevKitC
- CJMCU PCM5102 I2S Digital-to-Analog Module
- Four MAX7219 8×8 LED Matrix Modules
- Five 10K Ohm RV09 Potentiometers
- Five Potentiometer Knobs
- Eight Tactile Momentary Buttons
- Four Adhesive Rubber Feet
- 3.5mm Audio Patch Cable
- MicroUSB Cable
- Earbuds with Case
- Exclusive HackerBoxes Skull Decal
- Octocat Fan Art Decal Sheet
Unfortunately the demo code included in the guide only uses the potentiometers, buttons, and LEDs. Will need to do some tinkering to turn this into a synth.