I’m going to try something different with these link dumps. I’ll write a little about each link. Might be a sentence or it might be a paragraph.
- Dashcam Footage Shows Tesla Autopilot Predicting Surprise Crash
This is incredible. Can’t wait to get a Model 3 next year.
- 100 Days of WTF Just Happened Today?
I’ve had to stop my daily reading and following of so many things Trump. It was too consuming. “The disbelief is steady.”
- 100 days of Trump claims
The lies continue well into this presidency. His supporters respond, “who cares.” How can you not care? This man is “leading” our country. If you follow him on Twitter, at least once a week it’s like listening to a 5-year-old throw a temper tantrum who didn’t get their way.
- Why Adults Can’t Squat Like Babies and Should Stop Trying To
A lot of good data on the differences between babies and adults that contribute to how we squat.
- Programming as a Way of Thinking
I’ve been tinkering a lot with Python on Raspberry Pis and Arduino (set of C/C++) on microcontrollers. Working with Arduino reminds me of how confusing it was to learn how to handle things like strings in my college C++ classes. Python code is fun to write, easy to understand, and forgiving in it’s structure.
- You’re not going to believe what I’m about to tell you
Really good explanation of how our brains try to protect our beliefs, even when provided evidence against those beliefs. It’s a psychological behavior called the backfire effect.
…remember that your worldview isn’t a perfect house that was built to last forever.
The mind can’t separate the emotional cortex from the logical one.
- Pi-hole™ 3.0 Is Here Featuring Our New FTL Engine
This is a huge improvement to an already great piece of software.
- It looks like Amazon’s Video app is finally coming to Apple TV this summer
I always forget about Prime Video because I have to fire up my Xbox One to access it. If a video service isn’t on Apple TV, it’s pretty much dead to me.
- Agree and Commit, Disagree and Commit
Good life lesson here, not just for business. Share your thoughts and debate, but once a decision has been made it’s time to move on.
- Why Can’t You Use Your Phone on a Plane?
Like we all thought, it’s bogus reasoning. They have never proven electronics cause an issue.