Maybe you’ve heard of the quantified self. I like data and use a lot of services to keep track of various aspects of my life, so I hope you’re able to get some ideas from this list. If you have any questions, let me know.
- Golfshot – scores, stats, and GPS.
- golfscores.nickmomrik.com – custom site I built for 9 hole stats.
- I also built and maintain a private site for our golf group. It has handicaps, scoring stats, and a money list.
- BTWB – CrossFit workouts. Can’t be beat for all of the data it provides.
- Unleaded Gains – blog (name of my garage gym) where I log every workout for easy searching, categorization, and being able to keep notes about each workout.
- RunKeeper – running stats.
- Garmin Connect – also has running stats. My main use is for lap timing and heart rate data.
- MyFitnessPal – when I want to track macros.
- Withings – WiFi scale for weight and body fat.
- Sense – sleep tracker.
- Apple Health – brings some of these things together.
- TripIt (Pro) – flight, lodging, and car rental details.
- Automatic (Pro) – driving and trip information.
- Gas Tracker – vehicle gas consumption and mileage. Automatic Pro provides this now, so I need to figure out if I can transfer the data.
- Swarm – check-ins.
- Apple Reminders – to-do lists, alerts, and shopping lists.
- Bear (Pro) – where I keep ideas, notes, project or workout plans, personal documentation, etc. I also do some to-dos here, especially for lists where I don’t need/want a reminder.
- Google Calendar – what’s going on? Where do I need to be?
- Gmail – I actually try not to use email much.
- Deliveries – tracks shipments.
- 1Password – I know exactly two passwords, the one to get into my computer and the one to unlock 1Password. Everything else is a long random string of characters I access through 1P apps/extensions. I also use it to manage two-factor authentications.
- Dropbox – file backup and sync across devices.
- Feedly – where I read the sites/blogs I don’t want to miss.
- WordPress.com Reader – posts from sites/blogs I don’t mind missing.
- Wealthfront – the best managed investment services I’ve seen anywhere. They’ve been adding support for tracking outside accounts.
A different category worthy of a separate post. I’m still setting up my house and will post details when I have it all working.