This doesn’t even sound like a good idea and of course I was going to try it. The left side of the label says “Caution: Flamin’ Hot Taste” but there is no such thing. I definitely get a citrus flavor and can tell it’s a Mtn Dew, but there is no kick to it and not even a hint of an aftertaste. It’s actually a decent flavor, but due to falling short on its name I give it a 4/10.
- 1 lb of ground beef/turkey/chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Minced garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (I bought a can which also had jalapeños)
- 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- Romaine lettuce
- 1-2 Avocados
- Throw your protein in a pan over high-ish heat.
- While the meat is cooking, dice up the onion.
- When the meat is browned and cooked through you can drain out any grease if you want. I leave it in.
- Add some minced garlic, taco seasoning, and the diced onion. How much? Up to you. 🙂 I have a big container of taco seasoning so just sprinkled some around. Most people will probably use a packet from the store. I have minced garlic in a bottle, so I gave it 3 little squirts, which was maybe a teaspoon.
- Add some cayenne pepper and/or hot sauce if you want. I didn’t measure.
- Mix it all together and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and green chiles.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes to let all of the flavors combine.
I ate mine on a bed of romaine lettuce with half of a mashed avocado on top.