I’ve never seen a tree explode like this!
I had a sunroom that was over 20 years old, leaked, and it’s foundation had been shifting for several years. I never used it, so it was time to go. This project started in April and though we’ve been using the area for weeks, we finished up last night by moving rocks back in place.
The first step was removing the sliding glass door and putting in a big window.
I hired a company to come in with a Bobcat and hydraulic breaker to remove the 7+ inch concrete slab and posts.
After that was out, I was able to fix up the roof line and put siding on the house.
They did do some damage to my gutter drains, so I made a repair there.
Still had to remove a bunch of sand from the area, so I rented a small dumpster and we hauled a lot of buckets.
My inspiration for the project was this setup I saw online. I mapped out my own layout.
I did a rough sloping job and then we dug three holes four feet deep.
Ordered some materials from Menards, and ended up having to get another 10 bags of cement.
My buddy Kevin was a huge help, getting the two 16 foot 6×6 posts installed. Each one weighed about 190 pounds!
Then Brandi and I were able to install the 12 footer on our own. Between the 3 posts we used 1,500 pounds of concrete!
I painted the posts and leveled the ground as best I could.
Put up the bars, top caps, and painted wall ball targets.
Some of the early plans were to get thick rubber playground flooring tiles, but we eventually decided it wasn’t worth the cost. Used pavers instead.
Turned out great and we’ve been using the outdoor space for one or two workouts a week. It looks good and is a much better use of the space, which wasn’t getting used at all before and had become an eyesore. Now I can finish the inside wall of the house!
Last winter I picked up this hand truck for $5 on Facebook Marketplace.
This weekend I cleaned it up, painted it, and replaced some parts. Looks and works great now! Just in time to move a couple sets of washers and dryers.