Titan Fitness hasn’t had their band pegs in stock for months. This is what they look like.
I got sick of waiting, so I bought a four foot length of 5/8″ steel round rod from Home Depot for $15 and made my own.
- Cut the rod down to four 12″ pieces with a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder
- Taper an end of each piece and clean up the other end on a belt sander
- Drill a hole near the non-tapered end, using a drill press and vise
- Insert a nail and cut it so about 1/4″ is left sticking out
- Flatten and/or bend the piece of nail so it can’t escape
- Soften any remaining sharp edges on the sander
- Spray one coat of primer, two coats of black, and two coats of matte clear
They turned out great and I really like how the matte clear finish feels. It’s already getting scuffed up from moving the pegs around a few times though, which I figured would happen. In reality they’re too long and buying a three foot rod would have been better.
So what are these used for? Pegs are the proper way to use bands and things like Crossover Symmetry on a rack/rig. People tend to wrap bands around the J-cups, but that ends up cutting through the bands over time. Nobody like taking a snapped band in the groin! Pegs are round, so they play nice with bands.