Yesterday I received AdaBox 011: PyPortal.
Similar to AdaBox 010, there isn’t much here in terms of assembly or physical experimentation using different parts, but the PyPortal is a really cool new device from Adafruit. It’s built for IoT projects, with:
- 3.2″ touchscreen to display info and interact with the device
- ESP32 co-processor to handle Wi-Fi connections
- Analog Devices ADT7410 temperature sensor
- SAMD51 to handle all of the processing, compatible with CircuitPython, which makes it fun and easy to program
- Laser cut acrylic enclosure/stand
I haven’t done much in terms of electronics, woodworking, or making in general for the last couple of months. I think I burned out a bit when I caught up on so many projects over November, December, and January. I’ll get back to making soon!