With the first three, my host naming lacked imagination. I called them pizero, pi3b, and pizero2. Boring! I decided to start naming them alphabetically, after actual types of pie. As pictured above (left to right) the host names and what I’m doing are:
- apple: always up on my network, running Pi-hole (awesome!), Homebridge, and Home Assistant (which I still need to configure).
- boston-cream: runs Pi AD2.
- cherry: for experimenting and prototyping, but I have a project in the pipeline.
- derby: the same as cherry.
- elderberry: not sure what to do with this one yet. Maybe a RetroPie machine.
The name will not be raspberry if I get to the letter R.
If you have any neat uses for a Raspberry Pi, let me know.